Monday, September 12, 2005

a warm dish of stewed bondage



The Book of Punishment came out last month and since then, I've been hard at work on my next novel.

I've noticed though, since being on a strict diet for the past few weeks, that I'm making my characters eat for me. I wonder if that's common with dieting writers, creating elaborate meals in their novels to psychologically fill the hole in their own stomach. Or writers on the wagon, putting drinks in their scenes. Or ... you fill in the blanks.

I suppose, as a writer of erotica, I should give up sex in that case.

Today's scene was a meal of leftover lamb, served cold in slices, with a simmering dish of dahl - curried lentils, in other words. For those who think that sounds tasty, here's a recipe for red lentil dahl.

Followed by a warm dish of stewed bondage and sex.

No comments: